Tuesday, August 10, 2010

growing up.

I have never ever been one to worry about money.

My parents are divorced and both remarried, and growing up I was extremely lucky in this sense. When I was about to turn 16 I was sat down and told I would be getting a car, my insurance would be paid for, as well as cell phone, and lastly all my essentials were taken care of. BUT if I wanted the nice clothes, to go out with friends, and to be senseless with the gas I used I would need a job. The next day I went out applying and got my first job 2 months before I turned 16. Since that day I have never been without a job except for my first month of college.

Even then my college was paid for, my rent was and my bills, but if I wanted extra money a job it was. I am in NO WAY spoiled, my parents have been lucky enough to provide these things and I feel blessed EVERYDAY.

On the other side of all this was graduating in May. I could have moved to California, worked for my dad's company and been fine with that but I had gone to school for 4 years in something I loved and would not be using my education at all. That and being with out a big girl job I have decided on graduate school.

I put in notice at my student job at the VA (which I am blessed beyond words to have) and will be living off of the money I am getting paid to be a graduate teacher at the place I am going to grad school at. This summer has been the first on my own, without any money from dad every month, and all the necessities paid for and I have never been more proud of myself. The cut in my budget was atough one to swallow and I will be doing it again. I am living at home and still figuring out where I will be in order to move out and rent, but for now I feel leaps and bounds ahead of where I was just a meere few months ago.

I have realized how lucky I am to have gotten this opportunity to teach as that is what my passion is. To get my Dr.'s and teach. I may not be in California but I am happy and that is all that matters.

Sorry about the rant but I am slowly learning and growing, and at 22 it is time to start realizing what I have.

I'll be posting soon shopping finds and a few recent outfits.
:) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment